HOME COURSES NAVIGATION
In this course you will learn the basics of oral communication. You will sharpen your skills by using the methods learned in this class while speaking before groups as well as exercising your one on one communication techniques in regular conversation. (1.5 credits)
The textbook is divided into nine sections. Not more than one section may be completed each week. At the end of each section you will stop and take the Section Test that corresponds with the section you just finished studying. All Section Tests are “open book,” which means you may use your textbook while taking the tests. You may not go on to study the next section until you have completed and submitted your homework for the current section, if any, and passed the current section test.
The minimum required attendance for this course is nine weeks.
Because of the homework requirements, no less than nine weeks attendance is allowed.
The minimum attendance per section/lesson is one week.
All homework assignments must be completed and turned in before taking the Section Test or the Final Test. If you do not complete the homework assignments for a particular week, then you may not take that week's Section Test nor go on to study the next lesson until you have completed the assignments for the current week. Once you have completed the homework and taken, and passed, the Section Test, then you may go on to study the next section starting on the following day.
ALL TESTS IN THIS COURSE ARE ACTIVE AND ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS.
- Read and submit the Testing Instructions form if you have not already done so.
- At the end of each section you will stop and take the Section Test.
- If you fail the test then you must restudy that entire section and then retake the test. Repeat this process until you finally pass the test. You cannot go on to the next section until you have passed the test for the current one. That means that you cannot read the entire text and then come back and take all of the tests at once. You must study one section of the text and then take and pass the test for that section before going on to study the next section.
ATTENTION: You MAY NOT take any test more than once on any one day but must wait until at least the next day to repeat the test.
- If you missed any of the questions on any test, whether you pass it or not, then you must review the section corresponding to that test and look up the correct answers to any questions answered incorrectly. Once you have found all of the correct answers, then you may continue on to the next section of the textbook. You may use the copy of the failed test that was sent to you for comparison purposes to make sure you have found the correct answers in the textbook. The correct answers are on the copy of the failed test only for comparison purposes.
Note: Homework assignments must be completed and those that are to be turned in need to be submitted before taking the section test. You will be asked on each test for any sections requiring homework, if you have completed your homework and submitted the necessary parts of it. If you have not, then you will fail the test because you will have to answer those questions "no" and the points lost for a "no" answer to either one of those two questions will make it impossible to attain a passing score. If you lie on the test about whether you have completed and/or submitted your homework, then you will not be allowed to continue taking courses and all credits accrued at SLBC will be declared null and void. In addition, your file will be marked, "Expelled for lying and cheating." The only way you will again be accepted as a student at SLBC is if you undergo a set time of counseling and rehabilitation under your pastor or his appointed representative.
- Once you have completed all sections of the textbook and passed all of the corresponding tests, and found the correct answers to any questions missed on any test, then you may Retrieve the Password and, upon receiving the Password, take the Final Test for the course. Final Test is "open book."
- Once you have passed the final test, do not take it again.
- If you fail the final test then you need to restudy both the textbook and all of the section tests and and find the correct answers to every question missed on the test, and then retake the final test. Repeat this process until you pass the Final Test; but, you may not take the final test, or any other test more than once on any one day.
- If you miss any questions on the Final Test, even though you passed it, then you need to review the textbook and all of the section tests and find the correct answers in the textbook to the questions you missed. A copy of each of your section tests was sent to you and they will have all of the correct answers on it for comparison purposes to make sure you have found the correct answer in the textbook.
- SIGN-IN first for this course and mark the form "Begin" unless you have done so previously. You do not sign in when you finish each lesson. You only do so and mark the form "Finish" when you have completed the entire course and you are ready for the Final Test.
- Download and print the COURSE RECORD FORM. On it you will keep a record of your sign in "Begin" date because you will be required to enter it on the Sign In "Finish" form that you will submit at the end of the entire course. You will also keep other pertinent information on that form such as date and score for each test so that you will be able to keep track of your progress through the course.
PLAGIARISM WARNING: Read this warning before proceeding. To access warning page, click HERE
may now proceed to the TEXTBOOK,
Public Speaking by Dr. T.E. VanBuskirk
ALL TESTS ARE ACTIVE IN THIS COPY AND ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS.
you would like a copy to print out, you may use the following link to
access a pdf version of the textbook.
Public Speaking by Dr. T.E. VanBuskirk
This is a pdf copy for printing. No test links are included in this copy.