This is a First Level required course.
WARNING: If you were
accepted as a student AFTER September 19, 2013 you cannot take your
from this current site. You must take all tests, submit all forms, and conduct all other college business
through the SLBC Moodle site at http://slbcrecords.org The only exception is students that were
specifically approved for a Special Course of Study. If you did not submit a Special Course of
Study form and have it accepted by SLBC, then you are NOT on that program and cannot take
your courses from this current site. If you were accepted as a student after September 19, 2013
and you have not been accepted for a Special Course of Study, DO NOT take your courses
from this current site. If you do, your submissions CANNOT be credited to your file.
Only tests and forms submitted directly from and to the Moodle site are written to
be handled by the automated Moodle system.
What is baptism?
Where did it come from?
Who has the authority to administer it?
What is the proper mode for baptism?
What does it accomplish?
These and other questions will be addressed in this course.
The Baptism course is worth 1 credit.
TESTING: Make sure you
read the testing
instructions if you have not
already done so. The Final Test is a closed book test, which
means you can not use your textbook or any other material, nor can you have anyone help you in any way with the test. It must be taken from memory alone. The terms of a closed book test are
explained on the Closed Book Test Contract Form which must be
submitted prior to taking the Final Test.
If you fail a test, you MAY NOT attempt that test again on the same day. You must restudy the textbook/workbook and find all of the correct answers to the questions missed and then retake the test no sooner than the next day.
- Name entry on tests: Students are required to use proper letter-case when inputting their names on all submissions to the college. Example: If your name is John Smith, then input John Smith, not john smith or JOHN SMITH. If you do not use proper letter-case when you input your name on a test, then the test will be Disallowed and discarded.
Students are required to save a copy of
the Results Page of every test that they take. The copy of the Results Page
will be placed in your
You can click HERE for instructions for saving a copy of the Results Page to your computer. You may want to print out a copy of those instructions or else you can save an electronic copy to your computer.
Required minimum Attendance for the course is 8 weeks.
Required minimum Attendance per Lesson is 1 week.
Download and print out a copy of the required Course Record form on which you will record the minimum attendance and other information for this course. You will need this information for later forms.
2. Please submit a Begin Sign In form to officially begin your attendance for this course.
3. You must look up, in your KJV Bible, all scriptures referenced in this study. This is to include all scriptures that may be wholly or partially quoted in the textbook and/or in the auxiliary reading textbook. Reading them as quoted in either of the two textbooks will not fulfill this requirement. The scriptures must be looked up and read in the KJV Bible in order to fulfill this requirement in this and all other courses studied with our online college.
avoid any confusion on the attendance/study/testing
for this course, please read and make a note of the following!
Student may not complete more than one section of the textbook
in any one week period and must look up every scripture
referenced in it in the King James Bible. Reading scriptures
quoted in the textbook will not fulfill the "look up every
scripture referenced" requirement. Scriptures must be
looked up and read from the KJV Bible even if the
scripture is wholly quoted in the textbook.
Read the textbooks.
Both books are required reading.
The main textbook is: Questions Concerning Baptism by Dr. James Wilkins.
This textbook is in pdf format.
You will finish this textbook one Lesson per week.
You can also simply read it online at:
This book is to be read in its entirety during your attendance in this course.
It must be completed before you can take the Final Test at the end of this course.
5. LESSON TESTS: After each lesson in the main textbook you will see instructions to return to this main page and take the lesson test.
TEST ONE TEST TWO TEST THREE TEST FOUR
TEST FIVE TEST SIX TEST SEVEN TEST EIGHT
- Once you have completed all sections of the textbook then you must submit a Finish Sign In form and a Closed Book Test Contract Form. After you have submitted those forms you may take the Final Test for the course. It is your responsibility to make sure you have met all requirements for the course before taking the Final Test. If you have not met all requirements, your Final Test will be disallowed, declared void, and will not be credited to your file.
- Once you pass the final test do not take it again.
- If you fail the final test then you need to restudy both the textbook and/or the KJV Bible, whichever is appropriate, and then retake the final test on or after the next day. Repeat this process until you pass the Final Test.
- If you miss any questions on the Final Test, whether you pass it or not, then you need to review the textbook and/or the KJV Bible, whichever is appropriate, and all of the section tests and find the correct answers to the questions you missed. This is a requirement of this and all other courses. Copies of all tests were automatically sent to you. You may use the correct answers, which are on all test copies, for reference to verify that you have found the correct answers in the study materials.
ATTENTION: If you have not already done so, please submit a Finish Sign In form before proceeding to retrieve the password and take the Final Test.
Please submit a Finish
Sign In form before
you take the Final Test. This is required in order
to confirm your attendance and for you to
receive credit for this course.
Make sure you read and submit the Testing Instructions
form if you have not already done so.
Final Test is "closed book."
Please submit a "Closed Book Test Contract form."
This form MUST be submitted before you take
the test. Ignore any instructions concerning
a Password. It is no longer necessary.
When you click the FINAL TEST link it will download
to your computer. When download is completed, click
"Open" or "Open when done". A window may pop up
stating that "Windows protected your PC". Click
"More info" and then click "Run anyway" in
the white rectangular box at the
bottom of that window.
Final test is "closed book" i.e., you may NOT
use any of your study materials nor can you
use your Bible while taking the final test.
test must be done strictly
- RESULTS PAGE -
sure to submit a copy of the Results page
in order to have your score registered
to your file.